What else should I expect from my employer or its insurance company after I have notified them of my injury?

After receiving notice of a work injury, your employer will ordinarily refer the claim to the insurance company that handles its workers’ compensation claims. . The name, address, and telephone number of the workers' compensation insurance company is supposed to be posted on the employer's premises. Once the employer notifies the insurance company of the claim, the insurance company will assign a claims representative or adjuster to handle your claim, and that person should be in contact with you.